Sailing. Whaling. Walking.
Thousands of sailors visit the Azore every year in May and June (before the Caribbean hurricane season) on their way to Europe. But only a few leave Marina da Horta and take their time to visit the other beautiful Islands. We plan to sail there in June 2021 and visit four Islands. Guests are welcome and even may extend their sailing experience by staying in a guesthouse of our German friends in Quinta Perpetua in Graciosa. We can expect to see whales when sailing and Sao Jorge ist famous for walking and hiking. For an introduction to sailing the Azores see blauwasser.de (German language).
- June 5th – 18th 2020: Round Trip 1 Faial – Sao Jorge – Terceira – Graciaosa – Faial
- June 19th – July 2th 2020: Round Trip 2 Faial – Sao Jorge – Terceira – Graciaosa – Faial
You can get on or off board in Faial, Terceira or Graciaosa, if weather conditions allow. International Airports in Faial and Terceira. Flight connections and ferryboats between the islands. Diving is possible with diving companies in Faial.
Four Islands. Six Marinas or Anchorages
Horta: The most well known marina on the Azores. Also a good starting point for diving expeditions.
- Marina Velas: a safe marina. Link: blauwasser.de (German Language). São Jorge Dive Center.
- Portho de Calheta: Accessible in good conditions.
- Marina de Angra do Heroismo: Safe marina. See blauwasser.de (German language)
- Praia da Vitoria: Marina and anchorage if wind not easterly
- Vila da Praia: small harbour and anchorage
- Karen and Steffens Quinta Perpetua guest house: Relaxing on a remote island. Link
Google Map Azores with marinas and anchorages
Azores Islands with harbours and anchorages and Quinta Perpetua Guest house
Cruising Information Azores Islands
Intro Picture: Carla M. from Pixabay