Panama and Colombia Overview
In summer 2020, from July to early September, Orinoco will sail the coasts of Colombio and Panama with the destination Las Blas Islands.
- July 2020: Sailing from Curacao via Aruba to Santa Marta, Colombia, Sailing in Colombia and Sailing from Colombia to Panama. Get on board in Curacao, Aruba, Santa Marta (Colombia) or Cartagena (Colombia) .
- August/September 2020: Panama, get on board in Colon or Las Blas.
Time Shedule in Detail (plans have changed, Corona)
|Sa, 04.07.2020 – Fr, 17.07.2020 (14 Tage)||Start: Seru Boca Marina, Curacao, |
End: Cartagena, Colombia, 800 € each person
|Sa, 18.07.2020 – Fr, 31.07.2020 (14 Tage)||Start: Cartagena, Colombia, |
End: Linton Bay Marina, Panama, 800 € each person
|Sa, 01.08.2020 – Fr, 14.08.2020 (14 Tage)||Start/End: Linton Bay Marina, Panama, 800 € each person|
Marinas ans Anchorages
- The five Bays to Santa Marta: anchorages, offer good protection from the prevailing trade winds, part of the Tayrona Natural National Park.
- Taganga: anchorage, little fishing village with a protected and charming bay.
- Santa Marta: marina, charming touristic town, historical sites, museums, restaurants, night life.
- El Rodadero: anchorage, palm trees, beaches and restaurants.
- Marina Puerteo Valero: brand new state-of-theart marina complex.
- Cartagena, Colombia: the historic city of Cartagena has a picturesque harbour that is one of the most attractive ports in the New World. Marina: Club nautico Cartagena.
- Islas Rosario: protected coralline areas included in the National Natural Park Los Corales del Rosario y San Bernardo. Anchoring is permitted, provided coral is not damaged in any way.
- Peninsula des Baru: ancorage, white sand beaches, popular with cruising sailors.
- Nautical Literature: Columbia Cruising Guide, Frank Virtingo, 2016.
- Nautical Information: noonsight /// Marina Santa Marta
- Reports of cruising sailors: Is sailing in Colombia a viable option? /// Cruising in Colombia /// Colombian practicalities for cruisers
San Blas, Panama: The main cruising attraction in Panama. 365 islands off the Caribbean coast. The home of the Kuna Indians. The Pacific of the Caribic. More information? See chapter Las Blas Islands, Panama. Colon, Panama: Shelter Bay Marina has good facilities including haulout, check in and immigration before sailing to San Blas. Linton Bay Marina, Panama: another good and safe marina.
Nautical Link: noonsight
Where is Orinoco now?
Orinoco’s position and track is available live. In coastal waters with marinetraffic.com. See Link. Our MMSI number: 211802670.