Orinoco’s position and track is available live.
- In coastal waters with marinetraffic.com. See Link.
Our MMSI number: 211802670.
1. ABC Islands (Bonaire, Curacao)
Summer 2019. All year sailing possible, south of the hurricane route. In summer north the east tradewinds less strong, sometimes even west winds. Hot in the summer (average 29 Degrees). Bonaire: World class diving an snorkeling. All waters are a protected marine park. The waters are known to be amongst the clearest in the Caribbean. If you love nature, this is the place for you. Curacao: The largest of the ABC Islands with very good beaches. A country diverse in heritage and ethnicity. 42 different ethnic groups. Good anchorages and marinas.
2. Eastern Caribbean round trip: ABC-Islands – Dominican Republic – Lesser Antilles – ABC-Islands – Cartagena, Colombia
Routes 1 and 3 – 6 with skipper Fred, Route 2 (Dominican Republic) with skipper Uwe.
Info Dominican Republic (February 2020, Uwe): The south coast is well protected from the northeast winds and offers good anchorages. Foreign yachts are welcome in most places, as yachting is getting more popular in the Dominican Republic. A good marina is Boca Chica, a beach resort close to the capital Santo Domingo. Nautical information: noonsite.com and carybia.com.
3. Cartagena, Colombia – San Blas, Panama – Colon, Panama
1. Cartagena, Colombia: the historic city of Cartagena has a picturesque harbour that is one of the most attractive ports in the New World.
2. San Blas, Panama: The main cruising attraction in Panama. 365 islands off the Caribbean coast. The home of the Kuna Indians. More information? See chapter Las Blas Islands, Panama
3. Colon, Panama: Shelter Bay Marina has good facilities including haulout.
Panama – Galapagos – Marquesas – Tahiti
Belgium to Portugal (Lisbon) Summer/Autumn 2018
Lisbon to Canary Island via Morroco Summer/Autumn 2018
Transatlantic: Canary Islands to Martinique (Caribbean)
Caribbean to ABC Islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao)